Friday 31 July 2015

REGGAE AT THE ROYAL - JULY EDITION

By Coral Consciouslee
31st July 


Some may be wondering why I am writing my second review of a monthly event that I have attended three times now. It was BRILLIANT that's why!!

There was the same intimate atmosphere, the same meeting up of certain friends, artists, etc. However this time it seems there was a freedom in the expression of those who performed. Although I have heard John McLean sing more than once, last night he sang outstandingly, moving on stage with obvious pleasure. His rendition of Ed Sheridan's "Thinking Out Loud" had the crowd in noisy rapture.

So John set us up very nicely for one of my favourite dancers on stage..Winston Reedy. I just love the way he dances and I can testify that the man can still hit those high notes, seemingly as effortlessly as ever. HIs singing whipped the audience into a frenzy, making John bring him back on to the stage for an encore. In total we were treated to six songs!

Last but by all means not least was Carol Vieira (Kofi). For me this was my first time seeing her live and I was mesmerised. She was strong, vibrant, looked great and she belted out her classic songs as if her life depended on it. The audience were right behind her. We cheered, we clapped, we danced! Special mention should be given to the Zaine Band and the backing singers (Errol Nicholson and Singer Mandee) - they delivered.

So nice seeing Barry Boom, Sutara Ji and Audrey Scottcoming out to support. I close by asking you to follow their example and support an outstanding opportunity to hear artists and musicians of a legendary calibre. BIG UP REGGAE AT THE ROYAL.

P.S. Pictures courtesy of Courtney Anglin




No comments:

Post a Comment