Friday 21 August 2015

REGGAE STAR FACTOR: HEAT 4

By Coral Consciouslee
21st August 2015

 


We got to the Shaw Theatre, literally minutes before the show started. Once again, pleased to say the show started on time. Also was good to note that attendance was very much better than the week before.

At the risk of sounding like a groupie, Bobo El Numero Uno did a superb job of welcoming and warming up the crowd before recording of the show got underway, afterwhich he was joined by the equally professional Elayne Smith. To be honest these two comperes could quite easily have had a show for themselves! Their banter and easy flow with the audience and contestants was an entertainment in itself. I honestly couldn't stop laughing and applauding.

The standard of competition was very high indeed. Knowing only three would be going through to the semi finals, personally I thought there were four. I didn't envy the judges at all! The semi finals is definitely going to be close.The band was tight and clear. I love watching the bass player! Bitty McLean on stage.....excuse me whilst I reminisce again.....Bitty McLean on stage.....

There is so much that I could write about, but suffice to say that when I say you are getting one heck of show from start to finish each week, it really is true! Although attendance is improving each week, support is still needed. The ultimate aim is to find, recognise and acknowledge talented reggae singers in the UK - there are some real diamonds out there! 

I applaud Jack Reuben and all the team at ReggaeStar Factor for producing a well organised and well presented show, which I am sure will last for years to come. He said to me last night that this is just the beginning. 


One of the definitions I found for the word "support":
"...to uphold (a person, cause, policy, etc.) by aid, countenance, one's vote, etc.; back;

No comments:

Post a Comment